Self-improvement boils down to slowly developed, small increments - our precious overlooked hours, and the gradual evolution of self.
"You'll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine."
- Drink more water. If you're the slightest bit dehydrated, you're more likely to have a decrease in reasoning, attention, memory and language. Water is LIFE.
- Express gratitude. It helps us see the world differently, and allows us to open up and become more vulnerable. Trust your process.
- Wake up with the sun. Mornings are amazing for a little "me time." Practice yoga, meditate, catch up on some reading, enjoy a cup or coffee or tea with the sunrise, spend some bedroom time with your significant other, go for a jog.. the world is your oyster.
- Forgive. Sometimes we become our ego and forget to drop the heavy weights off our shoulders. This self-blockage ceases us from letting go and moving on. It hinders our ability to create long-lasting, trusting relationships.
- Declutter. Less if truly more, and once you pinpoint and recognize the necessary, you will not allow any of which doesn't belong. A clean, organized space will create a clean, organized head space.
- Listen to understand. The biggest communication problem is that we don't listen to understand, we listen to reply.
- Eliminate negative energies. Your space is sacred. You need to be fiercely territorial with yourself. Do not allow negative energies and individuals envelope your space. At the end of the day, your space, your wellbeing, is all you have.
- Unplug from social media. It's insanely healthy, and highly recommended.
- Put your cell phones, tablets, and computers down! Look up. Say hello to a stranger, and ENGAGE with the physical world around you.
- Realize that opportunity looks a lot like hard work.